YouTube - Dont Talk to Police
I've always felt this way and this only confirms it.
YouTube - Dont Talk to Police
I've always felt this way and this only confirms it.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
A lot of people don't realize just how many innocent people are convicted and incarcerated each year in this country. The Justice department recently released a study on the subject that was met with a great deal of scepticism. They boasted that the study showed a 99.7% accuracy rate in convictions. Hardly anyone believed the study was even close to fair and that it was anything other than self-serving.
But, even by their own, obviously finagled numbers, that means there are currently more than 60,000 innocent people in prison. Now consider just how far their numbers are probably off and then consider how many that increases the total by.
Of late there has been about 1 DNA exoneration of a death row inmate for every 5 executions. That does not mean that I believe 20% of all inmates are innocent, but it pretty much crushes the Department of Justice study.
Recently I was present when a woman I know, who had just been through a scary experience, and was obviously still confused, was being questioned by a handful of local officers. I was disgusted at the glaringly obvious word-games being played and the clear attempt to get this frightened and confused lady to admit to doing something that she clearly had not done.
I finally told her that she needed to stop talking to them and and she didn't have to talk to them, which I thought for a short moment was going to result in a violent reaction from at least one of the officers. A couple of days later an investigator from the insurance company arrived and took about 3 minutes to determine exactly what had happened and that no one was at fault.
More than 30 years ago I was charged on two occasions with Misdemeanors. On the first occasion I was guilty but the court found me not guilty. On the second occasion I was not guilty but was convicted.
And finally, about 25 years ago I had a friend who was an assistant prosecutor, one day I was in his office when the Commonwealth Attorney came in and they had a fairly long conversation about two different suspects in a crime. The conversation was about which of these two people was "more convictable". That was the term used, and used, and used, over and over. Never once did I ever hear any opinion as to which one , if either, was guilty, not once.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
and people wonder why a whole lot of people refuse to cooperate with the police, and hate on our justice system.
give people power and an incentive to arrest people, and you get mass corruption and a system that is beyond repair.
the funny part is the public always calls criminals not worthy of trust and abusive and lacking of common decency, yet the justice system defines all those attributes to a tee.
NWA got it right in the title of one of their songs and in quite a few of their lyrics. Some good cops out the but for the most part they are power trippin *******s.
GO VOLS
Bookmarks